Re: Possible pauses with xPLHAL

Ian Lowe wrote:

>I think, tbh that this is just another case of Misterhouse's broken xpl
>implementation coming to the fore.
>
>I don't know how many times we have to say it before an MH developer
>will listen - Misterhouse DOES NOT implement xPL properly, and will NOT
>interact with any other xPL app/device correctly.

One observation... I personally use mh to interoperate w/ xplrionet,
xplrionettts, slimserver and the tom10 connector w/o any problems  I
also know of other mh users that also interoperate w/ xPL devices.  So,
I'd offer that the comment above is not entirely true.  If there are
issues w/ Misterhouse not implementing xPL properly, then please
elaborate them or cite an archived message that does the same and I will
do what I can to address them.  I am not aware of any specific xPL bugs
or defects in mh that have been deliberately ignored.

>One thought - is your MH running on a "real" linux machine,
or in a VM
>Ware session?

FYI-mh is a perl implementation.  It is capable of "running" on
any OS
that has the required perl libraries and interpreter.  In addition, mh
is released in a pre-compiled form that can run on a win32 system.

>Ian.

MH,
>>or the xpldevcom app (or some low level IP thing happening)
>>
>>http://chapelhall.wintermute-ltd.com/ian/xplrawmonitor.zip
>>
>>Might help, as it will show if the pause is from MH or devcom. Try
>>just running misterhouse, the vbhub and this monitor, see what you
get

>>:D
>>
>>Ian.

here goes.