RE: vanishing streams

  • Subject: RE: vanishing streams
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 09:52:26 +0100

> Wondering why the radio streams that I put into the xml and
> the access data base vanish?  I really like xplrionet but my
> fingers are tired.

Hi Dirk,

Anything typed in the access database directly will get overwritten when a
scan is done, only the xml get's edited

If the xml is getting overwritten I can't account for this, since xplrionet
never writes this file - only reads. If an entry is invalid it will get
ignored though (try opening the xml in IE to see if it reports any errors
and also ensure all entries exist for each line)

> Also, I use slimserver as the main music client since I am a
> public radio junkie I shift around to different streams
> (www.publicradiofan.com) and would like the xplrionet to
> start this stream (http://192.168.1.100:9000/stream.mp3).
 Is
> this possible or easy I should say?

I havent tried connecting to slimserver as a source, so can't answer that

However, if slimserver has specific functionality you need please let me
know the details and I can look at supporting the same in xplmedianet

Regards
Tony