Re: New User questions re Hardware interface and what protocol.

  • Subject: Re: New User questions re Hardware interface and what protocol.
  • From: "nweobi" <neilw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 12:43:56 -0000

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the welcome.

What do I need to get a XPL debugging system up and running on my
2000 & XP boxes? (MisterHouse is running on a W2K box & I develop
on
a XP box)

What documentation did you reference for RS232 comms to xPL?

Thanks,

Neil.

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "Frank Mc Alinden" <fmcalind@b...>
wrote:
> Hi Neil
>
>         Welcome aboard
>
> > I have currently developed various pieces of hardware like I/O
modules,
> OSD
> > interfaces, X10RFID interfaces and 1wire devices.
> > I would like to connect these and some new ideas I have via a
common
> > protocol. At the moment it is a bit of everything.
>
> Nice ;-))
>
> I also have done a serial controlled  OSD Device
> http://skybax.rapidhoster.co.uk/~armagh/page76.html
>
> And i have a ir transport system which i did a prototype xPL serial
> interface
> http://skybax.rapidhoster.co.uk/~armagh/page86.html
>
> Recently purchased some rfid readers but havent had a chance to
play.....

> > Hence the question. What is a better Interface to support xPL or
xAP or
> ???
> > I guess you would say XPL, but why?
>
> Both Im sure have their strengths and weaknesses ,some guys are
using both
> This is one of those "Dont mention the War
questions";-))......I
just hope