Re: New User questions re Hardware interface and what protocol.

Hi Neil

Welcome aboard

> I have currently developed various pieces of hardware like I/O
modules,
OSD
> interfaces, X10RFID interfaces and 1wire devices.
> I would like to connect these and some new ideas I have via a common
> protocol. At the moment it is a bit of everything.

Nice ;-))

I also have done a serial controlled  OSD Device
http://skybax.rapidhoster.co.uk/~armagh/page76.html

And i have a ir transport system which i did a prototype xPL serial
interface
http://skybax.rapidhoster.co.uk/~armagh/page86.html

Recently purchased some rfid readers but havent had a chance to play.....

> Hence the question. What is a better Interface to support xPL or xAP
or
???
> I guess you would say XPL, but why?

Both Im sure have their strengths and weaknesses ,some guys are using both
This is one of those "Dont mention the War questions";-))......I
just hope
others who respond to this question do so in an appropiate manner .....

> Could you point me in the relevant area for things like RS485 comms
etc.

I dont think there is any xPL hardware  out there at the minute which  is
using xPL on the wire protocol , if there is i would also like some
information .....Not sure if the guys in the xAP camp are using rs485
hardware using the xAP protocol , maybe Kevin Or Mark could comment here ??

Frank