Re: motion detectors: need some input

  • Subject: Re: motion detectors: need some input
  • From: "rectorydp" <dpullen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 10:18:51 -0000

Tom

Just to clarify. It is not the X10 protocol that cause the problem it
is the module itself. It may be caused by the dimming functionality,
ie waiting to find out it the switch is pressed for less than 0.5s or
it may be the way the module operates. If you don't get the problem
then I guess it is the former. Here's hoping.

BR
David

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, Tom Van den Panhuyzen <tomvdp@g...>
wrote:
> Hm... but a bit higher up in this thread Mark says that X10 is
> reasonably ok in handling collissions and the problem is in the RF.
> Anyway, too late now.  I'll let you know how it turns out.
>
> Tom
>
> On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:53:51 -0000, rectorydp <dpullen@f...>
wrote:

> > Tom
> >
> > Sorry I was a bit late with my response...
> >
> > What I meant was that you have to delay pressing a switch to
ensure
> > that the X10 signal is put on the powerline. If you press two
buttons
> > together only one will operate. This was the issue that could
cause
> > the most problem with PIRs. It is possible that a trigger would
be
> > missed entirely. However, it does depend upon how long the PIR
> > triggers for and what happens if two switches are operated
together
> > for a period of time. I can't test with my TMD4s as they are
> > configured to issue dim commands once the switches are held down
for
> > more than 0.5s. I do hope it works ok for you.
> >

> > BR
> > David
> >

> > --- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, Tom Van den Panhuyzen
<tomvdp@g...>
> > wrote:
> > > Too late!  I am an impulsive buyer :-)
> > > Disappointment 1: received TMD4's instead of TMA4's.
> > > Disappointment 2: the micromodules don't switch 240V, they
detect
> > > open/close only.  My mistake...  I thought that the current
from the
> > > switch would be used, but in fact the switch must be
connected
> > > directly to the TMA4.  No problem for the switches (they are
wired so
> > > that I can decouple them from the mains and connect to the
TMA4
> > > without too much hassle) but I have also bought 240V PIRs.
So I
will
> > > have to add relays for these.
> > >
> > > I will put a photoshoot online of the evolution of my
project:
> > > - wiring before the start
> > > - wiring done
> > > - the fireworks when the power is switched back on
> > >
> > > I understand that a 1 sec delay to switch on the light when
you
push a
> > > button is irritating, but I think here it is less important.
There is
> > > already 1 motion detector in use.  It goes via the rf
receiver so I

<dpullen@f...> wrote:

> [...]
the
TMD4 with