Re: motion detectors: need some input

  • Subject: Re: motion detectors: need some input
  • From: "rectorydp" <dpullen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:14:29 -0000

Tom

I wouldn't recommend the TMA4 for use with PIRs. I use the TMD4 with
momentary switches to control some of our lights and you have to allow
at least a second between switch presses to ensure that the signals
are put on the power line. I suspect that the TMA4s have a similar
delay. Of course the location of the PIRs may mean that youy will not
have problems with signals close together but you will be able to make
that judgement.

There will also be a time delay in transmitting the X10 over the power
line. I think you will find that this additional delay will make the
operation of the PIRs irritating - they will just be a bit too slow.

Just my opinion, of course.

BR
David

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, Tom Van den Panhuyzen <tomvdp@g...>
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Thanks for all the comments.
>
> I think I will not go for the VIOM or NETIOM modules.  I discovered
> the TMA4 module that puts X10 signals on the wires given an opened or
> closed contact (e.g. from a PIR).
> (http://www.intellihome.be/english/productview.asp?id=166
).