Re: MVP file extensions

  • Subject: Re: MVP file extensions
  • From: "Rob West" <xplworld@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:46:39 -0000

Hello Tony,

I've been googling for codec information this morning and it looks like
what
we need is the FOURCC code. www.fourcc.org has loads of information and
links, although this is mainly focussed on AVI files. MSDN also has some
info about Video For Windows (VfW) which hopefully provides an API to
extract the fourcc. (Alternatively there's some potentially handy VB code
at
http://www.shrinkwrapvb.com/avihelp/mAVIDecs.bas)

I also came across a tool called GSPOT (http://www.headbands.com/gspot/)
which can identify the codec used in any video file.

Hope that helps - although it looks like I might have opened a whole new
can
of worms here...

Rob.