RE: MVP file extensions

  • Subject: RE: MVP file extensions
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 11:07:15 -0000

> BTW, I thought the Hauppauge software now supported multiple MVPs?

Didn't know that. Copy cats! ;-)

> I was starting to look at the possibility of writing a native
> app for the MVP, in order to speed up the menu system (and
> native xpl of course).  Some work has been done by others,
> but they don't seem to have got all that far over the last
> year or so.  I wonder if the device is really that hard to
> drive, or maybe there just aren't that many people working on it...

I don't think they made a good job of the client stuff really.

E.g. the screen updates should be able to be incremental, but they didn't
bother implementing that so you have to send the whole screen.

If you could even get it to take partial screen updates I'd be happy to
amend xplrionet to work with it.

BTW haven't had any feedback on the rendering improvements from anyone?
Definitely seems better to me, but I'm ever the optomist on things like
this!

Thanks
Tony