Re: MVP file extensions

  • Subject: Re: MVP file extensions
  • From: "Mal Lansell" <mlansell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:51:34 -0000

>From what I've read, divx playback on an MVP is rubbish - apparently
their
transcoder is just not very good (plus it requires a powerful CPU).

BTW, I thought the Hauppauge software now supported multiple MVPs?

I was starting to look at the possibility of writing a native app for the
MVP, in order to speed up the menu system (and native xpl of course).  Some
work has been done by others, but they don't seem to have got all that far
over the last year or so.  I wonder if the device is really that hard to
drive, or maybe there just aren't that many people working on it...

Mal