xPLRioNet Web/xPL Implementation of Movies and Pictures

  • Subject: xPLRioNet Web/xPL Implementation of Movies and Pictures
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 07:44:51 -0000

Hi all,

Looking for some feedback on how to implement Movies and Pictures in the
web
interface and xPL

These are my thoughts:

Firstly xPL and Pictures
------------------------

The the ability to display a picture via an xpl message could be useful?

I see little point in xplrionet sending out xpl status messages when a
picture is displayed? Except perhaps as a confirmation response to an xpl
command to display a picture (i.e. if showing picture from remote don't
send
xpl, if displaying as a result of an xlp message then do send a response)?

Secondly xPL and Movies
-----------------------

I guess this should send a message when a movie starts/stops?

And again be able to start/stop a movie via xPL command?

Thirdly Web interface and Movies/Pictures

I see this as a two pronged attack.

On the MVP client web side at first it seems that you should be able to
control the movies and pictures from the web interface. But does this
really
make sense? To be of any use you need to be in front of the MVP/TV so why
would you be using the web interface??? Thoughts?

What I do think would be great would be to have 2 dummy clients on the
'Movies' and 'Pictures'. This would allow users to browse their pictures
and
display them on the web interface, and browse and play movies thru their
prefered media player on the PC, thereby providing a 'virtual' mvp for
those
who don't have/want one?

What navigation view(s) would users prefer for these 'virtual' mvps?

Please let me know your thoughts on these items, as I'd like to get this
side of things implemented.

Once this is done, we can concentrate on known issues and then prepare for
the first 'full release'. We can then look at further enhancements.

Many thanks
Tony