Re: xPLRioNet Current Playlist

  • Subject: Re: xPLRioNet Current Playlist
  • From: "timmysaw2" <timmysaw@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 17:43:38 -0000

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "Tony Tofts" <tony@x> wrote:
> and seems fine (can now skip back in random mode etc), and it
works as
> planned.
OK. This is good.

> Currently it keeps a master list of added tracks, that are
restored when the
> list has been played.
Yup. What I'd want.

> This presents problems with regards to manipulating the tracks,
since if you
> move tracks around/delete them/etc when the list finishes and you
press play
> again (or "repeat all" is on) the changes you made will be
lost...
?!? eh? I don't understand why, if as you said above there is a
current "master list of added" (I'm assuming this means edited
list)
tracks being restored.

> This is because the played/waiting lists can't be matched to the
original
> list, to duplicate the changes (and wouldn't make sense anyway as
they could
> well be in a different order if random is on)
So I take from this you are maintaining two separate lists (played &
waiting) vs. keeping an index into a playlist from which tracks are
add/removed/shuffled. My expectation would be that Random only
shuffles the list the first time. Subsequent presses of Random would
re-shuffle the current (now a modified playlist) list of tracks. The
premise is once I've tuned a playlist, I would like a way to
Bookmark it and keep it around for later playback, where as Random
speaks to a one-time command to scramble an order.

> Do we:
>
> A) live with changes being lost at end of playing (or on repeat
cycle)?

> B) abandon the master playlist, and leave tracks in the order they
last
> played?
Um, what are my choices again? :-) Seriously, I don't understand the
difference between these two, they sound the same.

Thanks Tony! Can't wait to try the new version tonight.
-Tim