RE: Re: xPLRioNet Current Playlist

  • Subject: RE: Re: xPLRioNet Current Playlist
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 18:01:43 -0000

> So I take from this you are maintaining two separate lists (played
&
> waiting) vs. keeping an index into a playlist from which
> tracks are add/removed/shuffled. My expectation would be that
> Random only shuffles the list the first time. Subsequent
> presses of Random would re-shuffle the current (now a
> modified playlist) list of tracks.

Random is an ongoing effect. It doesn't shuffle. When random is on - tracks
are taken from the waiting list randomly, when switched off tracks are
taken
from the remaining waiting list in order.

> Um, what are my choices again? :-) Seriously, I don't
> understand the difference between these two, they sound the same.

If we have a master list, it will always restore to original track added
order (totally ignoring the manipulation and deletions you may have made)

If we dispose of the master list, then the order the tracks were played in
the last loop is the order they are queued in the next

Actually I think 'B' gives you what you want. Since the tracks are
maintained in the edited order (unless random is on, in which case they are
restored to the same order as the last loop - but then play randomly).

I'll put you down for 'B'

Actually, having thought about it, 'B' is the only method that provides
decent manipulation options so it's going to be 'B' anyway ;-)

Regards
Tony