Re: PC to RS485 bridge

  • Subject: Re: PC to RS485 bridge
  • From: Gerry Duprey <gerry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 08:08:43 -0500

> Any comments? Any better ideas?
>
> Do we have any volunteers to for the PC software side of the bridge?

One thing I'd like to suggest -- if someone does go forward on this, I'd
like to ask you to give some thought to a cross platform solution.

Solving this in a cross platform language means you solve the problem for
every xPL user.  Doing a Windows-only solution limits the number of folks
and probably means there will need to be multiple, probably not entirely
compatible xPL-RS485 bridge implementation.

There are software kits out there that are corss platform that make
creating
this pretty easy (no messing directly with the xPL protocol, at least on
the
network side).

Something to consider,

Gerry