RE: Re: OGG or not to OGG

  • Subject: RE: Re: OGG or not to OGG
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 08:27:13 -0000

> Tony - are you any closer to enabling native flac now that
> trio/riot has been chosen as the rio client?

Hi Chris,

Flac works, sort of.

The problem is that I don't seem to be able to chuck the data at the rio
fast enough, so it skips badly!

I've used a flac file I created from an mp3 to test it, and it's 5 times
the
size of the mp3.

I'm unable to see if trio can do it, since I only have the original server
running (as opposed to jrec) and can't access flac files.

If anyone has trio/jrec installed, and it does flac ok, then if you can
capture the first 20 to 30 seconds in ethereal it might help see what's got
to be done. Musn't use jrec transcoding though of course!

Thanks
Tony