Re: new X10 component: medusa-cm11

  • Subject: Re: new X10 component: medusa-cm11
  • From: "tomvdp" <tomvdp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 21:14:24 -0000

> X10.basic also allows the use of pseudo housecodes Q thru Z (and
> theoretically device codes 17 thru 99 for _all_ house codes), so
matching
> the syntax of x10 commands was never really the aim

Is there any reason for allowing Q through Z etc ?
The specs state level=0 to 100, data1=0 to 255 etc, so valid ranges
are given, but housecode and devicecode are not limited by the X10
standards ?

> Basically how the app handles it is up to the programmer, but I
would expect
> (in the case of A1, B3) to see two x10.confirm messages.
>
> X10 confirm is nothing other than a message received and processed,
it in no
> way suggests that the command was sucessful or not.
>
> Having said all that, the x10.basic documentation could probably do
with
> more clarification in these areas.

Tony, I know you are an authority on this domain.  Are you saying the
specs can be modified such that a confirm may be different from the