RE: xPL cm11 Service

Hi guys,

> Removed the execution times from the determinator and added a
> event that called the determinator. This turned on the light.
> :)

Glad you've got it sorted.

The time input conditions are more suited to when a determinator is
being triggered by an incoming xPL message.

E.g. suppose you had a PIR movement sensor that send out an xPL trigger
message each time it sensed movement.
You could create a determinator with two input conditions:
Time > 8PM and Time < 8AM.
That way the determinator would only run between 8PM and 8AM.

But if the only thing that is going to trigger your determinator is a
timed event, then there's no need to have any input conditions.
Hope that clarifies things.

> Now three questions
> 1) Why does the event scheduled for 19:31 actually start at
> 19:31:40 (40 seconds later)?

At the moment the timer resolution is only accurate to within the chosen
minute.
So the event could run any time between 19:31:00 and 19:31:59.
This is something that has been on my "Wouldn't it be nice if..."
list
for a while now, so I'll try and take a look at it over the weekend and
see if we can improve the accuracy.

> 2) Why does the event not retain the "End Time"
> 3) How do I use the "End Time"

If you only want an event to fire once (e.g. every day at 8PM) then your
start and end times will be the same, and essentially the end time is
never used.

However, suppose you wanted an event to fire at 30 minute intervals
between 6PM and 9PM, then you would set your start time to 6PM and your
end time to 9PM, and set your interval to 30.
The event would then execute at 6.00, 6.30, 7.00, 7.30, 8.00, 8.30 and
9.00.

So the end time is used when you want your event to run regularly during
a specific time period.
For example, every 30 minutes I run an event that logs temperature
values to a database, so I set the start time to 00:01 and the end time
to 23:59, and the interval to 30.
The result is that the event runs every 30 minutes, all day.

HTH,

John