Re: X10 Schema and Preset Dim

Gerry Duprey wrote:

> > think there should be a more generic "lighting" schema.
One side benefit
> > of that would be that different xPL gateways could use the same
schema

> agreed and in fact, I'm embarking on this right now.  I've written an
> UPB4Java API for controlling UPB devices.  After the first pass on the
> code,
> the second pass really isolated nearly all the UPB stuff into an
adapter
> protocol plugin class.  I'm working on normalizing name space right
> now and
> am looking at adapting the UPB schema I posted on this list a few
> weeks ago
> into a more generic lighting schema.  The idea is that one schema and
one
> API with plugins to cater to the underlying media and protocols.  One
> clever
> fellow I'm working with is considering using this for to control
> Insteon as
> well.

I'd be interested in this too.  I've been playing with ZWave recently,
and basically the controllers support groups (sets of devices that are
switched on/off together, each rembering its own dim level) and scenes
(sets of devices that are controlled together but told the dim level to
use by the controller).

My hope is that the ZWave systems might be similar enough to (at the
very least) share your lighting schema.

Mal