RE: X10 Schema and Preset Dim

  • Subject: RE: X10 Schema and Preset Dim
  • From: "Eric Vickery" <ericvic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 13:01:24 -0600

Tom,

There must always be a level with a preset dim. When X-10 created the
Preset Dim command they wanted 32 levels and since they were going to
put the level in the house code portion of the x-10 transmission, which
can only deal with 1 to 16, they had to break Preset Dim into two
commands. That is how there is Preset Dim 1 and Preset Dim 2. Each
Preset Dim takes a level of 1 to 16 (technically 0 to 15) and with
Preset Dim 2 that level translates into 17 to 32.

I hope my explanation wasn't too confusing.

Eric