Re: xPL Perl

  • Subject: Re: xPL Perl
  • From: Ian Lowe <ianlowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 22:21:54 +0000

okay, need a little help here ;)

The package installed fine, and the various commands are available from
the command line. (I'm running on Ubuntu Breezy, perl 5.8.7 for
reference).

Launching the hub, I'm using the command line -

xpl-hub -i 192.168.1.20 -b 127.255.255.255

as I read the -h output, that should be -i for the IP address to listen
on, (192.168.1.20 is my LAN IP), and -b is where to broadcast it - I'm
using 127.255.255.255 as the loopback broadcast address.

with this running in the background, I'd assume that xpl messages
arriving on the LAN interface will be distributed by the hub on the
loopback address?

I now launch xpl-logger with the command line:

xpl-logger -i 127.0.0.1 -b 192.168.1.255

That's listen on the loopback address (in other words, listen for the
broadcasts coming from the hub) and broadcast directly to the LAN.

on my xplhal server, I can see the hbeat.app messages appear from the
xpl-logger, but it doesn't seem to leave rapid heartbeat mode - the
xp-logger doesn't display any of the messages seen by the xplhal
manager.

Am I using the tools correctly?

Ian.