Re: Re: k8000 xPL interface Progress and some questions

Howdy,

>>I think you're pretty covered (assuming configuration gets resolved
> in the
>>framework -- working on that tomorrow).
>>
> Cool, Can't wait to check it out.

Didn't get as far along as I had hoped, but it's moving.  In the end, the
only real changes you'll need to make is use xPL_createConfiguredService()
instead of xPL_createService() and if you want to access configurables,
you'll probably add a listener for updates to the configuration stuff.

I'm working on it (finish up another project, so then I can put my
attention
to it full time) and will keep update the list when ready to roll.

> VendorID
> DeviceID
> InstanceID
>
> It seems that anything can be entered there, and I noticed in the xPL
> logger that those values get sent with the xPL messages (source I
presume)

You install your vendor ID (constant for all your xPL created apps -- post
request for vendor ID to this list, 1-8 characters), a unique device ID and
the instance ID is usually "default" or something (until the
device is
configured).

Gerry
--