Re: Linux GSM xPL Gateway and SendMsg.Basic Schema

  • Subject: Re: Linux GSM xPL Gateway and SendMsg.Basic Schema
  • From: "Tom Van den Bon" <tvdbon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 10:37:15 -0000

> Is this a generic GSM toolkit, or tailored to the specific modem you
> have? (I have a toolkit - windows, but you can easily mod the code)
for
> Nokia and Ericsson GSM modems that could allow the gateway to work
with
> a simple mobile phone rather than a dedicated SMS modem.

This *should* work with any serial attached device that accepts AT
commands. I have tested it with two different gsm modems (audiotel &
falcom). Some cellphones connected to a serial (or a bluetooth serial
connection) port also accept GSM commands.

> also, there isn't a RECVMSG.BASIC schema yet - although, as you have
> highlighted, there's a need for one -
I'll create something that would work for my needs and then we can
discuss it here.

Thanks,
Tom