Re: JAVA and Linux XPL implementations

  • Subject: Re: JAVA and Linux XPL implementations
  • From: "Tom Van den Bon" <tvdbon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 12:23:01 -0000

> I am currently in the position that most of my 'server' based stuff is
> on a powerful linux box. However I still need to have an old pc (a 486
> running NT!!) running xplhal and linking x10 to my network.
>
> I have been reading though the java/linux framework sites and was
> wondering has anyone managed to link these all together to be able
to do
> the following on a linux machine (or just with java)
> - scripting engine (seems xpl4java does this - how easy is it to use?
> determinators?)
> - xpl control of a serial x10 controller
>
> Cheers

Hi John,

I'm relatively new to xPL, but I am currently busy writing some linux
native software for interfacing with x10 as I have the same cm11
module. I've only written my first xPL gateway last night so it will
probably still take a while, but I am planning on doing the following:

(*) xPLHal type service running on linux with webinterface for scripts
and timed events
(*) a x10 xPL gateway

More information coming soon.