Re: Frustrated Tester with xPL and winamp

Now I'm back at work, and it doesn't work again.... (but at least I
know the problem)

In configuring the winamp plugin, the broadcast address needs to be
set correctly.  At home I'm on a private lan and the IP address is
192.168.0.2, so the broadcast in my case is a.b.c.255 i.e. 192.168.0.255.

At work I'm on a public IP address and I'm not sure if the broadcast
is a.b.c.255 or a.b.255.255 or if the network is hacked differently.
Nobody on this list can answer that for me because its a network
configuration setting, so I'll go talk to the network admin.

As far as I know, if your IP address is 192.168.0.d then your
broadcast will be 192.168.0.255.

(I'm writing this summary as a service for those who follow.)

Regards,
Jared