Frustrated Tester with xPL and winamp

Perhaps I am going at this wrong.  I've downloaded the xlp_winamp
plugin and run through the configuration steps. (Though I have no idea
what to set them to inside Winamp preferences.)

I also installed xPLHal and the manager on the same system.

I assume I can use the manager to send a command to have WinAmp play a
song.  hmmm....

Am I missing installing the audio schema?  How do I do that?

Right now I have only xplHal in the xPL Devices node.  I never found
any way of "discovering" winamp.

Regards,
Jared