xPLMediaNet - MVP Plan

  • Subject: xPLMediaNet - MVP Plan
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 14:04:48 +0100

Hi all,

Am thinking the mvp menu system should be as rich as possible, any
comments/thoughts on the following please?

There will be the main menu (basically for choosing M, V's or P's along
with
a currently playing status) - this is as in xplrionet less the tivo (which
becomes a video source)

For Videos/pictures:

The available V/P sources by default will be a text list, but you'll have
the option to specify your own screen images.

Below this we'll keep the current option as per xplrionet of toggling thru
text list, thumbnails with folders (the default), thumbnails without
folders
(all media shown regardless of location).

In "thumbnail with folder" view, a default folder icon will
exist, but you
can override this with your own thumbnail image by placing folder.jpg in
the
folder. However, you'll also be able to place <folder name>.jpg
images in a
folder, and these will be mvp screen images. If found it will use these,
auto switching to normal view if not found, so you can create your own mvp
menus (note that these folders cannot contain v's or p's, but the
subfolders
can) to any depth - hopefully you can picture what I mean as it's difficult
to describe

There will also be a thumbnail module, that will scan your video folders
and
create thumbnails to speed up the menu's

For Music:

The top level music menu and music sources list will be in text by default,
but you'll be able to specify mvp screens to turn the whole thing
graphical.
Below these levels I'm not sure exactly what can be achieved yet, but we'll
see

Skinning:

For some of the menus we'll have skin folders, so you can assign different
skins to different mvp's

To accomdate this skinning in other areas theyre will be the option to
assign a skin postfix to each mvp

E.g. mvp 1 has a postfix of _43, mvp2 has a postfix of _169 (these will be
totally user definable, and mean nothing - have used 4:3 16:9 as an example
only) so when looking for folder.jpg or <foldername>.jpg it will, if
it has
a prefix assigned, first look for folder_169.jpg and
<foldername>_169.jpg

Any thoughts/comments please?

Many thanks
Tony