xPLMediaNet - Expansion of xPL

  • Subject: xPLMediaNet - Expansion of xPL
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 17:57:52 +0100

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone thought it might be an idea to add a new xpl
command
to xplmedianet that allows you to replicate key presses via xpl?

Something along the lines of

Command=remote
Key=menu or key=0x12344

The xpl module could interogate the devices keymap.xml to find the correct
ir code to fool the unit into believing it had been received from the
remote. This would allow another remote (or somekind of on screen remote)
be used to control a device via xpl...

Though I guess at somepoint I'll get around to knocking up modules to allow
control via marmitek and windows media player remotes etc

Many thanks
Tony