help with VB.NET?

I'm at the "tearing my hair out" stage.. and those who have met
can
confirm... I aint got much to lose!

I'm trying to use xpllib v3 in VB.Net 2005 beta 2 (although I suspect
that my problems would be there in earlier versions too...)

The problem seems to be threads...

I have a form which has a listbox - for storing events and so on. I have
added the xpllib into the form, and it's correctly firing up,
configuring etc.

When it gets a message, it correctly responds, extracts the parameters I
need, and goes to add them to the listbox...

At which point, the darn thing throws an exception, and complains...
"Cross-thread operation not valid: Control 'lbCallLog' accessed from a
thread other than the thread it was created on".

Which is more than a little frustrating - to put it mildly.

I have tried to add a "delegate" to my form, as this seems to be
how
threads allow communication to proceed... but tbh, I might as well be
coding in Swahili.

Any .NET gurus there that can help someone get to grips with treads,
delegates etc?

Ian.