RE: xPLMediaNet - How best to implement Software Players

  • Subject: RE: xPLMediaNet - How best to implement Software Players
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 10:52:05 +0100

> Was wondering the best way to implement this?
>
> As there appears to be no way to tell if a connection from a
> particular pc is 1 or more winamp's I think it needs to take
> a different approach. Unless someone knows some way of telling?

Of course that's not strictly true, just realised that as well as the ip
address I also have access to the remote port. And if the players are on
the
same pc they can't share the same port so will always be different.

Can't give the player a name based on this as 19216825040:4691 means pretty
much the same as player1?

But also, when the player is closed and re-opened it'll probably use
another
port - so unless I can detect when it's gone (maybe sending the occasional
packet?) a large list of players will result. This is the killer really.

Will have to play with it further

Regards
Tony