RE: xPLMediaNet - Remote.Basic Mapping

Hi Tony,

> Should I amend it to send a text word instead? This can be=20
> accomplished by adding a section to keymap.xml (which let's=20
> you remap functions on the remote/front panel) to map ir=20
> codes to 'friendly names'.

It would be nice, but I don't see this as a major problem.

Basically, what I do is open up the xPLHal Manager's monitor, press the
button on your remote that you want to do something, see the xPL message
appear in the monitor and right-click on it to automatically create a
determinator that will fire whenever that message is received.
So you never actually have to deal with the raw IR code itself.
(think this was Frank's idea, and it really works great!)

> Also, should there be an option to re-assign a key to=20
> lock/unlock the remote into this mode when the device is ON?

Yes please! I've been meaning to ask for this for ages.

I have buttons on my SliMP3 remote configured to control my C-Bus lights
in the bedroom, but of course this only works when nothing is playing!

Regards,

John