RE: xPLMediaNet - Remote.Basic Mapping

  • Subject: RE: xPLMediaNet - Remote.Basic Mapping
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 18:30:05 +0100

Hi John,

> It would be nice, but I don't see this as a major problem.
>
> Basically, what I do is open up the xPLHal Manager's monitor,
> press the button on your remote that you want to do
> something, see the xPL message appear in the monitor and
> right-click on it to automatically create a determinator that
> will fire whenever that message is received.
> So you never actually have to deal with the raw IR code itself.
> (think this was Frank's idea, and it really works great!)

If we map a keyword, rather than ir, then you could remap a particular
function to a different key without having to change the determinator?

I could make the mappings match what's on the actual keys by default (so a
user knows what's what) and they could be then changed to lights etc if
required. Though in my case I use a sequence to specify what device I'm
controlling so 'up' on a rio can be doing various things like change tv
channel, brighten light, select a dvd etc.

> Yes please! I've been meaning to ask for this for ages.
>
> I have buttons on my SliMP3 remote configured to control my
> C-Bus lights in the bedroom, but of course this only works
> when nothing is playing!

Same here with rio's. Will make this change. Where I have a spare key on a
remote I'll make it a lock/unlock by default. In the case where a devices
remote has no spare keys the user will have to choose to map it.

Thanks
Tony