RE: xPL-DMX_Project

Hi Frank,

>             I have been doing some bench testing of the
> xPL-DMX relay board and i seem to be getting some strange
> behaviour with the DMX Kit....
>
> I have seperate Events and Determinators created to turn each
> zone (relay) on and off as required , but when i manually
> trigger either the Events or Determinators the Determinator
> is logged in the xPL Monitor  but sometimes the Dmx relay
> doesnt activate/ deactivate ...and quite often if its relay 4
> the comms lost led on the relay board flashes....My
> Determinators all appear ok.....
>  At this stage im relucatant to use it for the irrigation
> system...........

The only problem I've seen is if you send more than one DMX command in
the same determinator, the second command gets lost, as there needs to
be a 100ms gap between transmissions to the DMX unit.
The latest version of the service will fix this problem - I'll hopefully
post it this evening.

The fact that you're seeing a comms failure on your relay board points
more to a hardware DMX problem I would have thought.

How many devices have you got connected? What sort of cabling/cable
lenghts, and are you using a termination resistor on the last DMX
device?

Regards,

John