Re: xPLMediaNet - How to deal with Various Artist Albums

  • Subject: Re: xPLMediaNet - How to deal with Various Artist Albums
  • From: "Malcolm Lansell" <mlansell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 16:57:45 +0100

In my experience, if things are tagged properly, then albums have all
tracks
with the same artist, unless its a "various".  However, I do have
a few
albums that are in my "various" folder that only have three
different
artists - each of which has more than 3 tracks per artist.

Problem A) sounds like you are not keeping tracks tied to their albums
other
than by album name, which sounds more dangerous than just the possibility
of
erroneously tagging them as various - doesn't the database currently have a
method to stop the tracks from same-named albums becoming mixed up?

Mal