From: "John B" <home-automation@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 01, 2004 5:01 AM
Subject: Re: [ukha_xpl] xPL-CGATE Question

> Hi Frank,
>
> > > Which script did you put the routines into? (though it
shouldn't
matter)

> > I think i might be on the wrong track here ...Are Scripts and
Subroutines
> > one and the same ?? im assuming so....I went into scripts and
created 2
new
> > ones called BRIGHTEN BEDROOM LITE and the other DIM BEDROOM
LITE....saved
> > and reloaded...when i go into Determinators and try to add a
subroutine
its
> > not in the list also all of Tonys are in the list but not in the
script
list

> A sub-routine refers to a block of code that begins with the word
"Sub"
and ends with "End Sub".

> A script refers to the actual text file that contains the
sub-routine(s).

> For example, I have a script called "cbus" in my user folder
that contains
all the sub-routines for C-Bus related things.

> As long as you have a script file somewhere within the Scripts part of
xPLHal Manager that contains the two sub-routines IncrementGlobal and
DecrementGlobal, then you should see those names appear in the list of
sub-routines.