Cash till VFD project.

Hello All,

I've just picked up a pair of 2*20 Alpha numeric VFD displays, from old
EPOS terminals.

These things are controlled via RS232. Here's a link to the PDF.

http://www.iposltd.com/dsp63.html

I remember someone was selling RS232 to Ethernet converters, but I
cannot remember who was selling them on the lists, or who made them. Any
Ideas?

On the plus side, I *might* be able to get hold of a lot more of these,
a well known retail chain are upgrading their EPOS terminals across the
UK, and I know where they are all being skipped! xPL app is in progress,
I'll keep you posted!

Finally, I remember seeing some photo's of a VFD mounted in a length of
black pipe, can anyone point me to a link?

Ta!

Peter Chick

Senior Network Administrator

West Oxfordshire Housing