RE: Re: RS485 - XPL on the wire

  • Subject: RE: Re: RS485 - XPL on the wire
  • From: Williams Christopher C <ccwilliams@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:30:55 +0100

Hi Guys,

I have no experience with RS485, although I would like to learn about it.
If one of the intentions to to be able to use DMX lighting controllers,
surely what ever protocol is used must be compatible with these?

Can anything be learnt from the protocol used by Comfort to talk to its
keypads and UCM modules?  It is proprietary and not published, but someone
may know a bit about it.  I believe the early PC software used to talk this
protocol directly.  Someone on this list mentioned it ages ago.

On the CANBUS side, the TINI Java controller has Ethernet and CANBUS
interfaces, may be these used to make an xPL interface?

Just some food for thought.

Cheers,

Chris Williams

For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such information
is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Emails and other electronic communication with QinetiQ may be monitored.
Calls to QinetiQ may be recorded for quality control,
regulatory and monitoring purposes.