Re: xPLRioNet beta v3.8h released

On 15/10/2004 at 20:48 UKHA wrote:

>Although I am having video trouble. I've notice what I try to play a
movie
>there is a lot
>of disk activity and the mvp then goes back to the 'connecting to
servers'
>screen.. the disk activity continues until I stop and restart the
>service.. If I don;t restart the server but try to play the movie again
>sometimes it works...

Ok,

I've managed to work out where the problem is, I think... If I switch to
'list' mode then everthing works fine, so this leads me to suspect the
problem is in reading the files to grab a thumbnail. So, I guess my next
question is going to be:

Can we have another method of useing thumbs, ie if I have a movie/video
called myvideo.mpg then xplreionet will, if the option is turned on, look
for myvideo.jpg where myvideo.jpg is a thumbnail I've generated elsewhere
(eg DVD cover art or screen capture). This way we can have the thumbs
without all the generation. My understanding is that the thumbs are
generated each time you go into the video section - is this correct?

Sorry to be a pain Tony, and thanks for all your hard work :D

... now if I wasn;t so far away I'd offer to help with the kitchen...

Andy