RE: xPLRioNet beta v3.8g released

  • Subject: RE: xPLRioNet beta v3.8g released
  • From: "UKHA" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 17:30:54 +0200

On 15/10/2004 at 16:11 Tony Tofts wrote:

>I'm assuming youre upgrading from a pre-mvp version?

Yes...

>And therefore followed the 2 main posts regarding an upgrade etc?

and yes...

copied the zlib files and used the config too to setup the mvp stuff

>> 1. My Rio Rio (ie not Dell Rio) Says if found the music
>> server, just just sits on that screen regardless of the
>> number of reboots :(
>
>Hmm, nothing has changed in the rio part for a few versions. Is ip
correct
>in xplrionet.xml etc?

No, I forgot to reboot the server.. once I'd done that it everything was
back to normal...
(except the XPL said that the mvp was the bedroom rio...!)

>> 2. On main MVP screen with the Pink XPLRioNet title (yuck)
>> the button area is too small. Is there any chance that it
>> could be a bit more like the original where I could use (see
>> attached) as my screens... the button area only seems to
>> allow a small section to be used.
>
>The xplrionet logo is definetley white in the image, but I'm also
seeing
>pink, for instance, on the the 2 second splash screen. This only
happens on
>my tft, not one of the normal tv's (which are clear white). Worth
trying
>different cable settings (in clients.xml)? I haven't tried these
>adjustments
>with my tft yet, but will be later today. The tft also gives a pink
tinge
>to movies and pictures that have a lot of white.

I'm using a standard CRT TV (28" :( ) the splah definately has a
pinkness to it
and also the xplrionet text on the main screen.

Movies appear to be fine....

>With regards to buttons can you mail me an example of what you mean
>(offlist) please?

Will do.,....

>The front menu displays the album cover art and current
artist/album/track
>-
>so buttons cannot move up the screen any further though. But there's a
>little bit of space below.

Ahh ok, didn't realise that

>> 3. Playing music doesn't seem to be working right, the skip
>> button doesn;t skip to the next track, it just starts playing
>> the first again.
>
>Skip, rewind are defintely ok here (remote and web). Don't forget this
part
>of the mvp emulates the Rio (not the mvp) and therefore you have to
queue
>tracks?

Definately didn;t work if I try it on the first selected tracks....

>> 4. After the first track is played, the mvp stops playing music.
>
>Just checking mine for this problem, and yes it's stopping. Will look
into
>it.

This seemed to work ok once I'd selected a set of tracks then cleared
them...

Andy