RE: xPLRioNet beta v3.8g released

  • Subject: RE: xPLRioNet beta v3.8g released
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 16:11:28 +0100

I'm assuming youre upgrading from a pre-mvp version?

And therefore followed the 2 main posts regarding an upgrade etc?

> 1. My Rio Rio (ie not Dell Rio) Says if found the music
> server, just just sits on that screen regardless of the
> number of reboots :(

Hmm, nothing has changed in the rio part for a few versions. Is ip correct
in xplrionet.xml etc?

> 2. On main MVP screen with the Pink XPLRioNet title (yuck)
> the button area is too small. Is there any chance that it
> could be a bit more like the original where I could use (see
> attached) as my screens... the button area only seems to
> allow a small section to be used.

The xplrionet logo is definetley white in the image, but I'm also seeing
pink, for instance, on the the 2 second splash screen. This only happens on
my tft, not one of the normal tv's (which are clear white). Worth trying
different cable settings (in clients.xml)? I haven't tried these
adjustments
with my tft yet, but will be later today. The tft also gives a pink tinge
movies and pictures that have a lot of white.

With regards to buttons can you mail me an example of what you mean
(offlist) please?

The front menu displays the album cover art and current artist/album/track
-
so buttons cannot move up the screen any further though. But there's a
little bit of space below.

> 3. Playing music doesn't seem to be working right, the skip
> button doesn;t skip to the next track, it just starts playing
> the first again.

Skip, rewind are defintely ok here (remote and web). Don't forget this part
of the mvp emulates the Rio (not the mvp) and therefore you have to queue
tracks?

> 4. After the first track is played, the mvp stops playing music.

Just checking mine for this problem, and yes it's stopping. Will look into
it.

Regards
Tony