RE: xplRioNet + MVP

  • Subject: RE: xplRioNet + MVP
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 06:02:57 +0100

Hi Mal,

> 1) I can't play any mpg file over 2Gb.  Is this likely to be
> a RioNet issue or a Hauppauge one?  What version of the
> Hauppauge software should I be taking the dongle.bin from?  I
> downloaded their latest beta, but if I use their software, it
> only play the first few seconds of a movie (even the 2Gb+
> ones) before failing (the MVP starts trying to contact a
> server again).  AT least xplRioNet is doing better than that!!!

The dongle.bin should be dated 10/02/2004 (all the beta's I've found so far
have the same dongle.bin)

In theory the filesize limit is 4gb (size represented by 4 x 8bits), though
I don't have anything anywhere near as large as even 2gb to test what might
be the problem. If I can create something that big I'll look into it. How
can I, easily, create an mpeg from a dvd?

> 2) I'd like to use DVD cover art for each movie.  I can get
> the image in the righ format easily enough, but what should
> it be called?  The docs hint at cover.jpg, but they can't all
> be called that (since all the movies are in the same directory)

Interesting idea, hadn't thought of that one. Will add support for cover
art
to the 'to do' list.

> Other than that it's all looking good (well, that and the
> dubious pink fonts!)

Not sure what context youre mentioning 'pink fonts' in? You can change the
fonts to any RGB colour.

I've noticed my TFT TV has a redish tinge on pictures/movies containing a
lot of red, but havne't checked if it's the TV or MVP (I'm using composite,
rather than scart on this TV, for convenience).

Development will be a bit slow (probably non-existant to be honest) for the
next few weeks as I'm fitting a new kitchen and finishing decorating the
back bedroom (which I started 5 years ago!).

Regards
Tony