ID3 tags

  • Subject: ID3 tags
  • From: Mike <n5pwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 15:26:18 -0600

Tony Tofts wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> But i've lost track of things while i've been away.
>
> xPLRionet is my main priority as there's loads of fixes/enhancements
on the
> 'to do' list.
>
> However, i'd like to clear up any other outstanding issues (e.g.
xplhal etc)

Tony

I had an issue with ID3 tags displaying some strange characters after
being scanned by RioNet. I have now found an issue with them that is a
bit different but I don't know if it is related. In the interim I have
gotten interested in Podcasting. I have a bunch of shows that I want to
be able to scan in and then stream to my audio system on the DAR. I have
used Tag Scanner to set the ID3 tags to Podcast for v2 tags and the
scanner doesn't seem to detect them. I have then gone and set them to v1
ID3 tags and am forced to use the predefined genre of Speech. But for
some reason the RioNet scanner doesn't seem to recognize them either.
Have you had any experience with the Podcasts and know if there is
soemthing in them that is a problem for the RioNet scanner? If you would
like, I could send you a sample or 2 of Podcasts that don't seem to scan.

Oh yeah, welcome back.  ;-)

Mike