[SPAM] - Re: Re: DMX Controller - Email found in subject

  • Subject: [SPAM] - Re: Re: DMX Controller - Email found in subject
  • From: "g8kmh" <lehane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 12:05:33 -0000

DMX isn't designed to carry information beyond a range (0-255) of
values per channel (max 512), although some proprietary schemes do so
(by using non zero start codes).
There clearly is a need for a simple, working, HA open systems bus
though.

Lehane

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "Peter Chick" <peter.chick@c...>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Question, why limit DMX to Lights and relay's? How about
interfacing for
> example a LCD/VFD display? Maybe use a PIC to listen to
one 'channel'
> and decode that data stream onto the display?
>
> Just set the 'channel' for the VFD/LCD display in an xPL
Application, it
> would talk to a lower level DMX driver and that would do the rest.
This
> way you could use ANY type of device / schema. DMX would just be the
> transport layer.
>
> I like the idea of being able have multiple addressable displays all
> hanging of one cable, as well as my dimmers and relays, basically
> getting more use out of one cable.
>
> <IDEA>
>
> Layers would be as follows:-
>
> 	xPLHAL
>
> 	xPL-DMX-DIMMER(Control.Basic)  xPL-DMX-LCD(OSD.basic)
>
> 	DMX DRIVER
>
> 	DMX HARDWARE
>
> </IDEA>
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Peter

idea
of dmx
> relay
> > > boards ,so would be good if dmx was the chosen xPL rs485
network
> > > protocol....would consider purchasing some dmx kit if one of
the
> guys
> was up
> > > for xPLling it.........
> >
> > I'm in the same boat as you - my lighting is already C-Bus, but
having
> some DMX relays would certainly be useful.
> > (and a lot cheaper than C-Bus ones!)
> >
> > I'm up for writing the software if someone can advise on some
suitable
> hardware.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > John
> >

> > xPL Links: http://www.xplproject.org.uk http://www.xplhal.com
> http://www.xpl.myby.co.uk
> > Yahoo! Groups Links

> http://www.xpl.myby.co.uk
> Yahoo! Groups Links

> http://www.xpl.myby.co.uk
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>

> This E-Mail has been scanned by a McAfee Webshield for all known
> viruses.  Any unknown viruses by definition may get through, so
please
> ensure that any attachments you open are verified safe from the
sender.

> This email, including any attachment, has been scanned for viruses.
It is intended only for the recipient(s) named above.
> It may contain confidential or privileged information and should
not be read, copied or otherwise used by any other person.
email contact@c... and delete the original message.