RE: Re: xPL Monitor: triple msgs

> (Tony and I built an xPL bridge that uses blowfish encryption across
the
> link just for added sexiness ;) )

I guess we should really build this into XHCP at some point, as it takes
over TCP port 3865 if you've got xPLHal running.

Another one for the ToDo list ;-)

> As for pick your own port... Perhaps I'm a bit of a purist, (read, I
> work with firewalls a lot) but folks just diregarding the IANA rules
and
> using any old port they fancy is one of the banes of my life!

Indeed :-(

> It's very much a case of open source rules - if folks want to build
code
> that uses another port, then vive la liberte, but it's not something I
> would choose to do...

I've opted for putting the port number as an optional config item in the
.config XML file, so people can change it if they really want to.

Regards,

John