Re: Re: xPL Monitor: triple msgs

Hi John,

I changed my setup so that I can test/modify the xPL Hub code.  Both
VMWare virtual network adapters are enabled and everything runs
smoothly.
There is only a minor update necessary to make the socket bind to a
specific ip-address.  The ip-address to bind to should be a
configuration parameter IMHO.  In a pc with more than 1 network card
the xPL Hub listens to all cards, no ?  In a real world scenario you
probably don't want this.
(In fact, I think I saw a few other possible improvements, but I
better shut up being a newbie on the list ;-)

Regards,
Tom

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 16:30:45, John B <home-automation@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> > Aha!  I don't have any of that fancy stuff you mention, but I do
have
> > VMWare...
> > Disabling the VMWare Network Adapters solved the issue!
>
> Cool.
>
> > Any workarounds for this ?  What is actually happening ?  Are
these
> > messages "phantom messages" as you describe them, or is
a command
> > really picked up 3 times by the X10 device ?  I think it is the
> > latter.
> > I guess that I could examine the source code of xPL Hub V2.5 to
see
> > how it all works.  This is the same code that is included in xPL
Hal,