Re: Trouble getting xPL Comfort to work

Hi Rob,

Sorry for the late reply.

> I'm having some trouble getting the xPL Comfort service to work.
>
> First I tried installing it with the "allow remote
configuration" option -
> but xPLHalManager just said that the device didn't support
configuration.

Is xPL Comfort running on the same PC as xPLHal?
Running xPL Comfort on a different PC that wasn't running an xPL hub could
cause this behaviour.

> So I uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled it with the "use
serial device"
> option. Now I can see heartbeat messages, but nothing else!
>
> Any ideas what I might have done wrong? Is there any way that I can
check
> the login code that I entered or view the serial data stream?

If you look at the xpl Comfort device in xPLHal Manager, the user code
should be listed as a configurable item and you can see what it's currently
set to.

HTH,

John