Re: Growing the userbase.

  • Subject: Re: Growing the userbase.
  • From: steve.cooper@xxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 09:54:00 +0000

Sounds good to me not sure what the other think but personally the more
people that we have available coding and user testing the better.

S.

"Stuart
Grimshaw" To: <a
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=eflulNP1AXatpM4zXn99_UxM30JG5cpE7vwjX5f7996xalWbQaMoKghqgMzWDWFhwh_quf-DV-f8Hju5V8KMSejYDw">ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx</a>
<stuart@smgsyst cc:
ems.co.uk> Subject: [ukha_xpl] Growing the userbase.

21/05/2004
11:50
Please respond
to ukha_xpl

I was looking through the news on the front page of the xPL website,
and I noticed that one of the articles was a call for beta testers.
How much response has there been to that?

It got me thinking, and I went to look on Sourceforge &amp; Freshmeat
for
xPL but it isn't listed on either.

It would be a good idea to create an xPL entry on Freshmeat which
would allow news stories to be seen by a massive user base (both
windows &amp; linux), and while Sourceforge is mainly aimed at hosting
file downloads,cvs repositories etc, it also has the ability to write
news stories, of course you may want to use it's CVS/file download
services in the long run, and the website it hosts could easily be
redirected to the existing xPL website (which is what many sites do)

-S

xPL Links: <a href="http://www.xplproject.org.uk";>http://www.xplproject.org.uk</a>
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=eflulNP1AXatpM4zXn99_UxM30JG5cpE7vwjX5f7996xalWbQaMoKghqgMzWDWFhwh_quf-DV-f8Hju5V8KMSejYDw">ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx</a>
To Subscribe: <a