Re: (unknown)

  • Subject: Re: (unknown)
  • From: steve.cooper@xxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 08:56:00 +0000

Viv

Sorry for the delay in getting back on this but as far as I know we don't
have a web server control or telephone control. But for the majority of
things like alarm systems and intercom you could use the sensor.basic.
These message should have three items device, type and current. So for the
xpl-comfort app John use's

device=Security Mode
type=security
current= Secutity Off / Away / Day / Night / Holiday

So you could take that approach for the alarm system, also for the
intercoms you could use the sensor.basic, control.basic like

control.basic
{
device=Intercoms 1
type=intercom
current=handsfree / press to talk / broadcast
}

etc.

I don't personally have any problems with having new schemas or extending
existing schemas if you need extra info in the message but there is a lot
of scope in the sensor and control type schemas. By keeping to a smaller
set of schemas and just having different types I think it makes it easier
to understand.

S.

"lysanderroad
" To: <a
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=BrEG7lBmYXerhicjASv55ULqsez0tXLDP9tFp8HsIfvWBnkDKwDvSqteIAarG_f7ON_nD9PCRUeIcKAyqqK12_Eekg">ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx</a>
<vcw1@idratek cc:
.com> Subject: [ukha_xpl] (unknown)

21/05/2004
16:24
Please
respond to
ukha_xpl

Hi Guys,

I'm looking at exporting more xPL enabled functions from within our
Cortex application. I need schemas for...

Web Server control ... Enabling/Disabling users and their properties.

Telephone control... not just CID. i.e. Answer phone messages,
Making calls out etc.

Is SENDMSG schema to telephone delivering spoken messages or text
messages?

Alarm system... i.e. arm/disarm, intruder alert etc.

Intercoms... Handsfree, press to talk, broadcast etc.

I looked on the xPL project site but didn't see what I need. If any
exist I will try and use them, else we'll create create our own.

regards

Viv Idratek.

xPL Links: <a href="http://www.xplproject.org.uk";>http://www.xplproject.org.uk</a>
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=BrEG7lBmYXerhicjASv55ULqsez0tXLDP9tFp8HsIfvWBnkDKwDvSqteIAarG_f7ON_nD9PCRUeIcKAyqqK12_Eekg">ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx</a>