Re: Hi guys! - IVR menu

  • Subject: Re: Hi guys! - IVR menu
  • From: UKHA
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 20:25:00 +0000

Hi Guys,

After a long period of unemployment and a huge amount of depression over
it, which made me readjust my priorities a little mean HA stuff went out
the window I'm (sort of)... I've kept monitoring the list and I saw this
one and HAD to reply...

If you use asterisk (note asterisk not asterix) then 99% of the ivr system
will be there for you. You just need to write the scripting to inteface
with your xpl stuff (which should be easy). You can script in any language
that;s available under linux... perl, C, pascal, python whatever... you can
pre-record messages, tack them togther eg (twenty and one to give 21) or
alternatively, I've written app_cepstral which allows the use of cepstral
voices... iirc they cost about $30 each

If you want some help setting up no problem, try my guide for starters
and if you want some help with the scripting I can let you have some
standard ones that I've done (those on IRC may recall the Nixhelp status
app which combined the temperatures at my place - available over voip or
the pstn). Asterisk will allow you to pull calls into conferences etc...
the only issue might be if your HA system is winders based then you'd need
to split the audio from you mixer to both you winders box and linux
boxes...

Actually, I'll correct myself - USE ASTERISK! honestly you'll love it...

HTH

Andy