Re: tvosd

  • Subject: Re: tvosd
  • From: Frank Mc Alinden
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 22:27:00 +0000

Hi John

> Do you have a web link for info on what it does, screenshots etc.?

> Am I right in thinking it is an xpl client which responds to the
> osd.basic schema?

Yep... it connects to a serial port and video in of your tv.....Im using
one
of Kevin H mss100 units which lets me connect it to my network....

> How much do you think the final kit woudl cost? How easy woudl it be
for
> me (a electronics newbie, but able to RTFM) to build?

Havent done the sums as yet ..just got a price from the suppliers for the
stv video chip for a quanity of 50 @$9.52 US which i think is quite
reasonable....Not sure what the pcb will cost ...
The soldering of the stv chip for a newbie i wouldnt recommend as its
surface mount but the othet components would be ok....
HTH
Frank