RE: Hi guys! - IVR menu

  • Subject: RE: Hi guys! - IVR menu
  • From: Ian Lowe
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 22:13:00 +0000

Well, I just got home - 440 mile drive! But I'll jump in (probably a
more detailed answer in the morning!)

>I phone my home number and it's answered by some kind of PC phone
system

If it's an analog line, this can be done right now - xPL_Phone uses a
standard TAPI modem.

>I enter a code and I then get a multiple choice menu system, spoken
using >TTS (AT&T NV currently installed)

Yep - xPL_Phone uses TTS to announce back to the human on the other end.

>I may then select a number by pressing a key (or even speaking it???)

Just entering it - DTMF, not speech recognition (yet!)

>This takes me to the Comfort menu where I can get the alarm status etc
>(basically replacing the Comfort menu system)

Not sure how deep comfort integration is yet (the tools were only
released on Friday!) but it should be easy to get comfort states into
xPL global variables, and those are available easily to xPL_Phone

>One of the options might allow me to listen in to my house (I have a
whole >house microphone system linked to a Shure intelligent mixer,
controlled by >Homevision or my HA server and linked via RS232). The
output from that ends >up in the HA server sound card and would need to
be routed through to the >modem.

This would have to be written - I think, Tony can confirm.

>I might then select another key to talk through the whole house
speakers >(simply an output from my sound card into my Whole house audio
system)

I think you can do this one just now..

>Etc etc etc...

That's the idea ;)

>Is this possible now? And how on earth could I do it? I have all the
>hardware in place - just the software is needed.

First things first, you need an xPLHal Environment - there's a howto
here:

ndex&amp;req=viewarticle&amp;artid=31&amp;page=1

Ian.