Hi guys! - IVR menu

  • Subject: Hi guys! - IVR menu
  • From: Paul Gale
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 19:43:00 +0000

Hi Guys,

So after filming the xPL stand and having a chat, I thought I’d get round
having a play with xPL:-)

I want to create an interactive voice response system that might be able to
do
the following:

I phone my home number and it’s answered by some kind of PC phone system
(maybe
even Asterix?)
I enter a code and I then get a multiple choice menu system, spoken using
TTS
(AT&T NV currently installed)
I may then select a number by pressing a key (or even speaking it???)
This takes me to the Comfort menu where I can get the alarm status etc
(basically replacing the Comfort menu system)
One of the options might allow me to listen in to my house (I have a whole
house
microphone system linked to a Shure intelligent mixer, controlled by
Homevision
or my HA server and linked via RS232). The output from that ends up in the
HA
server sound card and would need to be routed through to the modem.
I might then select another key to talk through the whole house speakers
(simply
an output from my sound card into my Whole house audio system)
Etc etc etc…

Is this possible now? And how on earth could I do it? I have all the
hardware in
place – just the software is needed.

Ta,

Paul.